Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to work

Back to the grindstone! It was a bad time to be gone, but I'm glad we took the time to visit the new town. Results:

We're going to try to get loan approval and then (assuming all goes well) see if we can find something to buy in early June. I have no idea what I'm doing, and the idea of buying a house is making me feel old, but I'm excited.

My future students are awesome, and I can't wait to teach them.

A project I was hoping to be part of is going forward, but might require my presence this winter, during a month when classes are in session. My contract offers me a teaching reduction if I need to be gone, but I hadn't planned to be gone this coming year and I'm planning to teach a course and a half during that term. That might be a problem. I really want in on this project.

Somehow a stressful week of travel and meeting people left me more refreshed and ready to work than I had been; I'll take it!

No comments: