Friday, April 18, 2008

Dissertation rocking the house

The dissertation is in! I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with myself now that I don't have a backlog of Word documents to edit! But I took the afternoon off to decompress a bit.

I needed the break, since I was rudely awoken at 4:30 by the Earthquake! Although, I didn't realize until this morning that it had actually been an earthquake and not high winds, some kind of nearby traffic incident or Partner shaking the bed in his sleep. I did get to witness the 10:15 aftershock in complete consciousness, which was fun, because it was my first earthquake. The cat, however, didn't enjoy it, and she spent the rest of the morning in the closet.

2 comments:

Eric Reuter said...

The combination of those two events leads itself to all sorts of puns and snark, but I'll refrain :)

The quake and the aftershock were felt out here in central MO, too. Nice to see the country reminded that New Madrid exists every now and then.

Hearty congratulations.

Liberal Arts Lady said...

Oh yes, I heard some of those when I was handing out binders to my committee members!

Exactly, it's sometimes a good thing to shake things up (har har!). But then of course the newspaper says things like, "Overlooked Seismic Zone" etc...argh! As if science had just noticed it was there!

Thanks!