Tuesday, June 24, 2008

waiting

It's so far been a summer of rushing and then waiting, running around for a few days and then sitting on our butts for a week or two. We're still waiting for all the pre-house-buying pieces to come together, and while I've started filling out the requisite paperwork I'm otherwise without much to do as far as prep work for the fall; my office and lab are being revamped/constructed over the next few weeks, and since we'll be out of town for most of July it seems silly to get too involved in anything, anyway.

I should be working, at least a little bit, and getting some lecture materials and labs together. I'm not feeling much motivation, though. We'll be staying close to home instead of doing anything particularly exciting for a summer vacation, so I should have plenty of time to get things done.

I feel like I'm in limbo, just watching time pass until I have things I actually have to get done. It's not so bad, really, and I should probably be enjoying it more than I am!

No comments: