Saturday, August 16, 2008

kinda blah

My on-campus space is not yet finished. I'm starting to figure out the administrative avenues required to get the gear I need for my first few weeks of labs, but I'm not sure it'll come together in time. Ah well, I will live without fancy stuff if I have to, but things are kinda up in the air. I finally picked a textbook. Yeah, cutting it close.

A manuscript revision I resubmitted earlier this summer with the expectation of rejection has in fact been rejected. At least they were quick about it. I have hope that I can resubmit elsewhere with minimal changes.

I spent today scouting a field trip, and have a few workable options but failed miserably at finding a few things I had hoped to see. This makes it likely I'll have to re-scout before the trip actually goes. Damn.

Nothing too exciting going on. I'm hoping to get things rolling soon.

2 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Ooooo! Field trip! How exciting.

I don't even have a lock on my office door yet...although my name is already engraved, so at least the students know who I am. :)

Liberal Arts Lady said...

I don't think I have a door yet (do I win??), but I have been asked while out-and-about, "are you a student at College?" Gah. Some of my students have emailed, some even figured out my name, whereas others seem to think the email-address-abbreviation is actually my name. I assume things will improve when I meet them. Which will be soon!