Thursday, September 11, 2008

status

So far:

- I failed at producing a revision I had hoped to finish before the start of classes, and still haven't gotten around to hauling it to the top of my "to-do" list.

- A coauthor holding all the pieces of another manuscript revision due very soon isn't returning my calls or emails.

- I have a promising new collaboration in New Country for next summer. Very exciting.

- I decided to go with my original "big conference in the Fall plus International conference in the Spring" plan. But I still get my name on abstracts for the others, so it's a win-win.

- I still don't have a phone, a trash can or a name on my door.

- I made the mistake of visiting the space provided to another new proffie in a field with more funding. I am feeling insignificant this afternoon. Also, some of my space is still under construction.

- I'm starting to see where the "vision" of my chair is completely at odds with the functional reality of the things I'll be doing. I plan to just do things and assume he'll say something if he has issues...for some things he's just going to have to suck it up, because it just can't work the way he had assumed.

- I'm managing more consistent early-morning-rising than ever before. Maybe I really am an adult now.

No comments: