Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloweenie

I was in the local graveyard this week for entirely work-related purposes when I found this:




One of my biggest pet peeves inscribed forever on some poor schmuck's gravestone. When I die, just scatter my ashes, because I don't want there to be even the slightest chance of grammatically incorrect gravestone inscriptions that keep my memory alive.

Tonight we played "quick, carve a pumpkin between dinner and writing tomorrow's lecture!" (except that I'm posting this instead of getting to that lecture...). Partner is wonderful and did all the prep work. But here are the results; I had briefly considered FSM pumpkins or maybe pirates, but I got lazy. And busy. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

which pumpkin is yours? and which is your Partner's?

Liberal Arts Lady said...

Mine is on the left. I'm far less artistic than Partner. Also, I was going for angry, but it ended up looking very happy. I still think it's cute though.

EcoGeoFemme said...

I always get tired of pumpkin carving right around the time that the goo is finally all scraped out. Lucky for you that Partner did the prep!

Also: are we in similar fields?