Monday, November 17, 2008

bandwagons

Tagged by ecogeofemme: The Five Things Meme

5 things I was doing 10 years ago

1. Planning my very first field experience (it was a bad one, but that didn't keep me from trying again in a slightly different field)
2. Getting to know my roommate, who is still a very close friend
3. Playing a lot of Age of Empires
4. Swimming competitively
5. Studying Spanish (which has completely abandoned me at this point)

5 things on my to-do list today...er...tomorrow!

1. Meet with students
2. Online workshop thingy (I have never webcam-teleconferenced. It's gonna be weird!)
3. Write abstract for regional spring meeting
4. Try to get ahold of two previous mentors for advice re: purchasing and grants
5. Start price comparisons for lab outfitting

5 snacks I love

1. popcorn
2. hard pretzels (with mustard. of course.)
3. chocolate (of the milk variety. call me crazy)
4. chips n' salsa
5. frosted mini wheats

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire

1. Pay off my student loan
2. Set aside enough that I would be making some decent interest (what, invest? Is that what that's called?)
3. Fund my research - and my "I want to go there so maybe I can study something there" trips too
4. Create a fund to support undergraduate student research in the department I enjoyed most at my alma mater
5. Get friggin married already, with the appropriate level of festivity and drunkenness and fancy food

5 places I've lived

1. In podunkville, East Coast
2. In a crappy apartment above a druggie domestic abuser
3. In a crappy apartment above violent, psychotic international students
4. In a not-too-crappy townhouse too close to the local bars
5. In my house in Small Town, which I own, which still blows me away

5 jobs I've had

1. Babysitter
2. Circulation Assistant (mini-Librarian)
3. Camp Counselor
4. Teaching Assistant
5. Assistant Professor

5 people I'd like to share this meme with:

Well, while I'm fairly certain I'm one of the very last people I know to have actually filled this out, if the following notice the summons and are willing they can consider themselves up next:

Karina
Dr. Shellie
Addy
Brazen Hussy
Cyn (do it!)
T (you won't do it. But I tag you anyway.)

1 comment:

Karina said...

Whoops! I'm totally behind on blogs and just now saw that you tagged me for this one. I just did it yesterday.