Wednesday, November 5, 2008

reactions

I was watching election coverage last night while writing my lecture for this morning, and looked up at some point to see the headline about the "president elect" -- apparently California's results had come in without my noticing. I was a little confused for a minute or two. And then I stayed up long enough to watch the speeches and a little post-election coverage. Can I tell you how shocked I am that we even know the results at this point? I expected at least a little bit of contention.

I had a lot of anger during this election season, which is now seeping away. I'm not sure why - maybe because I won't have to hear any more stupid commercials telling me that so-and-so is the best for some vague unexplained reason.

Also, I love the Onion's headline today.

No comments: