Friday, February 13, 2009

Scientae coming soon

I'll be hosting the March edition of the Scientiae Carnival here, which just happens to be the Anniversary Edition. Go Scientiae!

March also happens to be Women's History Month, when we tend to sit around and think about all the dead people who made important contributions to our world, our lives, and our work, often overcoming incredible obstacles in order to do so. And to them I say well done, but for next month's Scientiae I'm more interested in the here-and-now. I want to know: who inspires us today? Whom do we look to as our role models? Maybe it really was Marie Curie, Rachel Carson or Jane Goodall who led you to your field, but I suspect that for many of us we're getting our motivation from our more immediate mentors, our peers, our fellow bloggers, or maybe even our students. WE are women making history, after all, which means that our role models may end up inspiring the world.

Submit your posts by midnight on Saturday, February 28th and I'll be posting the carnival on March 1st. Happy blogging!

1 comment:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Great choice! I can't wait to read them all.