Thursday, February 12, 2009

suddenly, a blogging spree!

I don't know why I suddenly feel like blogging every day, when during the first part of this month I didn't think I had anything to say.

But! I spent my evening cooking and cooking - potentially more cooking than I've ever done after work on a weekday! I don't know what's gotten into me. I made a valentine's day dessert, a dessert for an upcoming potluck, and a side dish for said potluck. In between we dealt with more sink issues, which make me sad. Stupid garage roof, I wish I could spend that money on my kitchen, which is slowly falling apart.

In other news, we've been buying extraneous items ever since Partner got his new job, even though he hasn't even gotten a check yet. He had to put up a decent amount of cash for work supplies (boots) and some maintenance on his car pre-commuting (tires) before he even started, so this is particularly dumb of us. To date, superfluous purchased items include:

- travel guidebook to New Country, where I'll be working this summer for the first time
- DVD of a documentary I really liked and wanted to show to my class
- language CDs for Partner to use during his long commutes (I can't think of anything better to do with three extra hours in a car every day!)
- birdfeeder and seed (we are attempting to entertain EvilKitty - too bad no birds have shown up yet)
- a Netflix upgrade from 2-at-a-time to 3-at-a-time (More HBO shows for me!)

Today I vastly overestimated the amount of time my lab activity would take, resulting in class ending about an hour early. Shit. I guess that ain't so bad if it only happens every once in a while.

No comments: