Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bitches

I ordered some equipment recently that had to be ordered piecemeal - the company gives you a list of parts and you tell them what you need. So I gave them a list, and I had specific reasons for ordering each piece. And I got my box of stuff, except that the company had decided to switch out some of the individual pieces based on their perception of my needs, without telling me ahead of time.

I ordered, for example, piece A. Piece A is identical to piece B, except that B has a hole for piece C. I ordered piece C because it happens to be useful for a different purpose. So I ordered pieces A and C. The company decided that since I had ordered piece C, I obviously had meant to order piece B instead of A, and so they sent me pieces B and C.

I was kinda pissed about this, yet kinda felt bad about being mad, since it was nice of them to actual say, hey this person really needs to order this so we'll fix it for them. Still, I wrote them an email and said, hey I don't appreciate you changing my order without telling me. I was a little worried that piece B would actually not work the same way as A; that the hole would make it less useful. Turns out I was wrong (in theory, anyway), but still: how do they know that I'm not just ordering piece C for something I already have? It seems a little presumptuous to change up my requests on their expectations of my needs.

Today I got an email back from the company, telling me that I was confused about the differences between the two pieces and telling me that I needed to APOLOGIZE to them for accusing them of changing my order. Bitches!

Now I am totally pissed off, except that I can't afford to piss off a small company that makes the equipment that I need to buy. Bitches again. So I wrote back and I said that I was sorry that I had confused the utility of the two pieces and I appreciated their help, but that if they were going to send me the one with the hole in it, they should fucking tell me that ahead of time.

Bitches.

2 comments:

Tina said...

They actually asked you for an apology? How much did you spend on this order? What happened to 'the customer is always right"?

Liberal Arts Lady said...

Seriously. $500 total, so not a huge order. In the response I got to my "apology", I was told that there were "no hard feelings". The fact that "hard feelings" were even an option in a business exchange kinda blew me away. Apparently the crazies are running this business. Too bad it's one I'll have to keep buying from (though I might try a little harder to find an alternative..)