Wednesday, April 29, 2009

granted

Small external grant #1 - rejected, without so much as a non-form-letter response. Fab. Stupid small external granting sources. I was honestly a little bit relieved (or at least not particularly upset) by this, because the prospect of having to do the work that was proposed in that grant during the upcoming academic year was a bit frightening. I think it might have been impossible. So, next time I may be both more grantable and more prepared to be granted.

Larger (yet still small) external grant #2, however, was a success, which means that I won't have to pay my own way to do fieldwork this summer. Well, I would have dipped into my startup fund, but it's good to not have to do that either. Also, one grant for my CV, however small, doesn't hurt. Maybe if I get one small grant per year I can not worry so much if larger funding bodies never look my way? I have no idea if that will work, but I can hope. Or maybe just start writing more larger grants so that I don't have to worry about it either way...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Isn't that the weirdest kind of guilt; when you are relieved to get a rejection letter?