Thursday, April 2, 2009

my students are awesome

It's conference time, and I brought a few students with me. This is their first scientific meeting, and they've been largely on their own - they have a car, and I have stuff to do so I haven't required them to do anything in particular or check in with me. I expected to find them still in bed in the middle of the afternoon, but I was pleasantly surprised; these guys were up and at the meeting fairly early, and they sat in talks all day. They were even EXCITED about some of the stuff they saw, and they started asking me whether I could teach them about X or Y...or whether the college had funds to buy particularly cool pieces of equipment. While that might not happen, its nice to see them getting so much out of a meeting - and entirely of their own volition. My students rock!

No comments: