Sunday, May 24, 2009

bits from abroad

I finally had time to pull up a few spreadsheets I need for some ongoing research, which I haven't played with for well over a year. I should apparently open them more often, just so I can remember what the hell is going on in there. Or, I should make less complicated spreadsheets (most likely, neither will be implemented).

I forgot to bring pajamas.

I've taken advantage of the cheaper "on campus housing" option, and while that's just fine in general I am remembering that dorm rooms are not that fabulous, and one of the major downsides is the lack of temperature control.

My students have largely chosen my few days out of town to begin their papers and projects. Thus my inbox is suddenly full of "oh crap I don't actually know what I'm doing!". Sigh.

If my lungs allow, I might do some nice hikes/walks. There are several options for some "nature" near here.

No comments: