Wednesday, October 28, 2009

new numbers

InaDWriMo 2009 time, according to the venerable Dr. Brazen Hussy, which is good, since I haven't been writing despite my best intentions. So I was at 600-something words and I've set that back to zero, because come on, self, you can do better than that. 3000-word goal. I'll count that from now, I suppose, just to make myself feel better.

A small group of early faculty here at SLAC actually started up a writing group recently. We held a meeting at which we set out two-week goals. And then all of us promptly over-scheduled and missed the two-week meeting. ALL of us. Apparently we need a better system.



If the above doesn't mean anything to you, November is traditionally NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. A few years back this was modified into InaDWriMo, International Dissertation Writing Month, for academics who don't write novels but may need a motivator to keep writing. Since then it's been utilized by academics in general, not just graduate students writing dissertations. Sometimes a word goal is a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

InaDWriMO 2009 time, according


I don't understand this... is it code for something I am naieve to? :)