Thursday, December 10, 2009

classic

In my brilliance I decided earlier this year that I was going to get some house stuff done over this break - home maintenance kinds of things that have been on our list since we moved in but haven't been accomplished.

And so, of course, the project I began last week has already become a much larger beast than we anticipated. Not all that unexpected. Except that now I have a great little guilt spiral going, wherein if I'm working on the house I'm worrying about all the shit I was going to get done at the office, and if I'm working on WORK, I'm worrying about how I'm going to finish the house before the next term begins. Because the house is a disaster area, and if I don't get it done before classes start we'll probably just live in the disaster area until Spring Break, at least.

Friggin home ownership. Friggin academia. Frig.

No comments: