Thursday, December 31, 2009

resolutions

Resolutions are stupid. Yet here I am making some. Why use the new year as a starting point for improvement? Why not just do it now? Well, I guess better late than never.

1. I am addicted to paper towels. Meaning, I still use paper towels when I should be using rags. I need to stop that, so I can justify putting the extra cash toward fully recycled paper products.

2. No more corn syrup-based sodas. Which basically means no drinking soda except in my house, where I will limit myself to organic sugar-based sodas, and those only on burger or pizza nights. We'll also be cutting back a little on processed foods, like making our own veggie burgers instead of buying the Boca burgers.

3. A more regular yoga practice. I will justify a new video or two with a promise to myself to actually practice yoga regularly, instead of just using it as a backup for days when I don't feel like running.

4. A little more self discipline. As in, a regular sleep schedule, a self-enforced workout schedule, a more efficient use of time. No more shitting around for no reason and wasting hours at a time (though that has primarily occurred over the break, so I guess it's not all that bad of me).

5. Finally, since I should probably have something career-related in here, I'm going to re-start my attempt at writing regularly, in small pieces. This worked pretty well for me when I made it happen, but I also let it slide quite a bit. I think if I can get this going I will make a lot more progress, which is needed.

Happy resolution-making and a Happy New Year to you!

No comments: