Thursday, March 4, 2010

boundaries

Meetings have been eating my life these last few weeks. If the break wasn't coming I would be in serious trouble even in my lectures, since what I've been spending the majority of my time on lately has been oriented toward curriculum development, study abroad, various student issues and search committee stuff.

Every once in a while I wish I could see what I'd be doing right now if I was at a large university - I'm definitely happy to be free of the more pressing stress of needing external grants to keep myself viable, but I get the sense that I wouldn't be sitting in meetings talking about what students do in their free time, either.

Speaking of that free time, some of my students have friended me on Facebook, which I accept while putting them on a filter. They, however, seem to have no concerns regarding the fact that I can read what they post. TMI, students. TMI.

No comments: