Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm as bad as they are

I put off my lecture-writing this weekend, until after dinner on Sunday night. This wouldn't have been a big deal, except that I discovered at this point that I did not bring the textbook home with me. So. While I will have a lecture for tomorrow, it may or may not actually cover everything that they were supposed to read. Although, since they probably won't read, I guess we cancel each other out.

I may not have done any lecture work this weekend, but I got a lot of housework and garden prep done - the person who lived here previously was apparently a big gardener. I love the fact that we have perennials arranged artfully behind stone borders, and I didn't have to think about it. I don't like having to haul all the dead woody materials out of the beds every spring and make a lame attempt at keeping those borders looking nice. We tore out a lot of the garden space previously to do vegetables (and will now have to import our own lead-free dirt to continue doing so - probably not this year, which makes me sad because that means we have to cut out the potatoes). I would like to maintain the rest of it as flowers just to help us sell this place when the time comes - as much as I'd love to have a stress-free yard, I'll probably be keeping it as is for now, spring annoyances and all (although it is a nice garden, once the work is done and things have grown back).

Also, I am becoming addicted to my wedding registries - not because anyone has looked at them yet, or because I even expect to get the stuff I put on there. It's just fun to make a wish-list. I should really stop.

No comments: