Monday, April 12, 2010

changes

Today I went to a podiatrist, and my diagnosis has been shifted to cuboid dislocation, with verification limited to very expensive MRI results that I don't think I'll be getting. So, while I may never really know, the location of the pain seems to support that hypothesis. Still a lot better than it was, and not really limiting mobility any more.

Plus sides: Got my federal return (yay!), going out of town for a few days for a conference (change of scenery!), and some of my service crap is finally wrapping up. Also the wedding planning is drawing to a close in terms of preparation.

Down sides: I'm expecting my first really negative student evals this term, because I'm just barely making things function, and I'm not sure it's going to get any better. I wish I could remember whether my first term was like this or not. I expect that a major criticism at my next contract renewal will say something about "takes on too much at once".

No comments: