Saturday, May 15, 2010

wild

Tonight we met our friendly neighborhood raccoon, which (from the sound of it) may have been involved in the death of some other creature shortly before it exited our yard. I've also heard that we have some neighborhood vultures. Which is pretty cool.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now - unfortunately that light enters into an airplane cabin, which will take me off to summer fieldwork very shortly after graduation. I'm not ready for that - but I guess the million hours of flying time might be enough for me to get my head in the game. I can hope.

Until then, only one (ONE!) more field trip, lots of grading, a manuscript revision that I will somehow have to fit into my life...enough that June seems very far away. Too bad for me, that is not the case.

2 comments:

T said...

All of our raccoons around here are rabid. Be careful.

Liberal Arts Lady said...

Thanks for the reminder ;) I read something recently, which stated that of all the animals tested in this area only bats have tested positive for rabies.

This particular mama has a bunch of babies who follow her around, so I'm not too worried. Not that I was going to go pet the thing.