Wednesday, June 2, 2010

post-classroom

I just spent more time in the lab than I have all term. How bloody depressing is that!? Yet, kinda nice to get some lab work done; I'm now finally finished with a tedious cataloging/sample treating job that I could only get a student to partially finish during the term. Peeve of the day: discovering that at least 1/3 of the glassware needed to be re-washed. This will have to go on the training list for the fall.

Some of my grading is done, including Senior projects: for the most part I was really happy with my research students. They did good work, with a single (and not unexpected) exception. In comparing myself to my colleagues I think I gave out more A's for senior research than is the norm. Maybe I have low expectations? Maybe I just got lucky this year with motivated students?

Now, because I still feel like crap, I will go home and do nothing for a while. Hooray for getting things done.

No comments: