Thursday, August 19, 2010

productivity

I have painted walls, my friends, and it makes me happy. I'm sure someone who knew what they were doing wouldn't have ended up with the "ok-looking plaster wall" effect on new drywall...but, I am not that person. I also succeeded in finally treating our deck, which was in serious need. This leaves me this evening with legs covered in paint, wood stain, and blood - from where my evil cat attacked my ankles, apparently as punishment for leaving her alone all day while getting things done.

I probably don't have to point out that all this home productivity is the direct result of having so much work-related prep still to do - I have syllabus drafts for both of my classes, at least. That's something...right? Even if I haven't read the books yet?

As the result of more reorganization of major requirements, I get to both overload this term AND turn one of my courses into a class that would count toward SLAC's writing credits, of which students have to complete a certain number before graduating. This means upping how much writing my students do by a little bit, and adding mandatory revisions. It also means that BOTH of the classes I'll be teaching this coming term will be writing credit courses - which is not how I would have planned it had I known. I'm not really looking forward to this term any more, in case you were wondering.

Maybe I WILL paint the dining room after all...

No comments: