Monday, August 30, 2010

yarr

I had a bridal shower this past weekend. I didn't really know what to expect from a shower, but apparently it's completely expected that you will get gifts from people you've never met, and they will be happy with some cake in exchange. Interesting. No complaints here!

Blah! Too. Many. Things. All of which need to get done before next week. All of which I don't really want to do. I'm also a little annoyed by this transition-to-term time period - there are some people who aren't really around, there are summer students who haven't yet cleaned up their stuff in the lab, but I really need to get things ready to go and get things moving. But then, it's my last chance to do anything useful on the house, and work out on a daily basis...but I also know that once the term starts my efforts at grant-writing and manuscript development will be cut down significantly.

The summer seems to destroy all of my time management skills.

No comments: