Wednesday, September 29, 2010

calmness resumes

A friend of mine was intuitive enough to figure out that the straps on the dress brought it up just enough to make it tighter (held around a slightly wider portion of my ribcage). I'm having some friends bring the necessary equipment to chop the straps if I decide I don't want to deal with them. It should still be ok. Maybe I can tuck them in - they're fairly small/thin.

My temporary bridal insanity has ended. Note to future brides: don't let alterations people put straps on a strapless dress and then send you home without a final fitting, even if they insist that "they shouldn't make any difference".

I finally got an evening with Partner today, as he got back at a reasonable hour for once I didn't have any evening responsibilities. I even got in a workout. A good Wednesday, as long as I can avoid thinking about the fact that I have one more weekend to clean my house before both of our families descend upon us.

1 comment:

EcoGeoFemme said...

I'm glad you figured it out! Who would have thought the straps would actually do anything?

And in response to your last post, yes, two weeks is last minute!