Thursday, September 2, 2010

this n' that

I have paid the wedding photographer.... and thus begins the great "emptying of the savings account" of 2010. At least we are pretty much set in terms of wedding stuff at this point. My dress even arrived a full month early, along with a friendly "come get your damned dress right now" email from the store, where they apparently can't tell the difference between September and August.

I have also just about finished my contribution to our bathroom remodel; once Partner puts up some woodwork there will be a little more painting, but otherwise it's all him, and it will therefore probably wait until December as he goes into super overtime for a few months. Super overtime that will pay for our wedding, so I'm not complaining.

What else is new? I'm baking cupcakes, at 10 pm, for a new student event on Saturday just because I couldn't think of when I'd get another chance to do it between now and then. I'm still completely unprepared for next week, and I get to spend half of tomorrow in meetings before partaking in some enforced socialization with my peers.

Oh, beginning of the term, no matter how long it takes for you to show up, it's always too soon.

2 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

I just got the contract for our wedding venue, and I'm afraid to sign it! So much commitment to spending so much money so far in advance. Yikes!

Liberal Arts Lady said...

I know! It's very daunting. Congrats on getting started!