- Was informed of some "unspoken" pre-tenure "expectations", with no idea whether the source of this info is correct and no way to verify it. These expectations are not particularly terrible things to have to do, but still annoyingly unspoken and unverified.
- Was advised by some first-year students that my bike lock is far too flimsy, as they've "heard that there are a lot of bicycle thefts around here!"
- Was invited to serve on an admittedly extremely minor committee in service to one of my primary academic societies.
- Found out that I can buy a poster commemorating the publication of my recent article. Really? Do people buy these things?
- Successfully obtained our Marriage License
8 hours ago