Friday, October 15, 2010

life goes on

Today I walked into class to find a huge "congratulations!" written on the chalkboard - somehow my students heard that I got married last weekend. Very nice of them, and proof that you really can't keep anything to yourself at a SLAC.

I've now almost made up for the time I didn't spend working last weekend, after many late nights of grading...but it was worth it. We had a blast, saw lots of people we hadn't seen in a while, and really enjoyed having most of the people we like best in this world all in one room at the same time. It's a little sad to think that we'll never experience that again.

Since then, we're back to real life, Partner is working late nights and barely making himself a presence in the house, I'm grading until 1 am, the cat hates us all. I'm already trying to figure out my schedule for next summer, and theoretically completing a draft of this grant by mid November - this will indeed be a miracle.

I've spent my evening trying to figure out whether we can really, reasonably, affordably visit a friend of mine living in Asia. I really want to make it happen - we'll see if the airline gods grant me non-outrageous airfares. It would be nice to go somewhere WITH Partner for a change!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Glad the wedding went well, and I hope you can make the trip to Asia work out! Good luck with all the catching up too!