Tuesday, November 23, 2010

letters

Dear collaborators:

I realize that you are not exactly up on what my field requires, which is why you asked me to help you out. However, you cannot just write down "use big expensive equipment", as per my suggestions at the end of last year's field season, and then stop communicating with me. This leaves us with me just finding out that you intend to use "big expensive equipment" next season, which I do not own, cannot get for you, and actually costs a considerable sum. Next season is also essentially next month, once you count time lost for holidays. I get the feeling that I am going to be the one looking like she didn't pull her weight here, and that annoys me.

Dear students,

"I tried to find out but the person I contacted never got back to me" is not an adequate final project result. Take note.

Dear plumber,

While I'm happy that our shower is now working the way it should, I really wish I could say that you managed to do that without calling me "hon". You leave me no choice but to try another company next time.

Dear cat,

You're a jerk. Please don't attack the plumber or try to escape into the freezing cold back yard, just because you can.

Dear Small Town,

Why did you stop selling organic potatoes? I really don't want to go back to eating pesticide potatoes. You stink.

Love,

LAL

No comments: