Thursday, November 11, 2010

the married 15

I read recently that newlyweds often gain weight. Maybe just because they were dieting pre-wedding and then gorge themselves on all the things they had been missing as soon as they don't have to fit into their nice clothes anymore. I like to joke that now my husband will be stuck with me even when I'm fat. Partner seems amused by this, probably because he knows that I have an exercise addiction. If he's lucky I won't get over that particular character flaw.

I am definitely heading in that direction, perhaps as a "married 5" right now, but only because of the necessity of regular late-night grading sessions this term. Around 10 pm I often bribe myself with a snack or a drink, particularly on those days when I never had time for lunch. It doesn't help that this schedule also prevents regular physical activity. So, feeling pretty gloppy these days, in general, and hoping that I won't end up sitting in front of the TV until the wee hours of the morning, out of habit, once this term finally ends.

1 comment:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Your hypothesis about the stress release after the wedding planning leading to weight gain is interesting. I always dismiss the advice stuff for newlyweds because I figure it's for people who moved in together after the wedding. But I think you have a point!

Good luck getting exercise back into your schedule.