Monday, November 29, 2010

winter!

Thanksgiving, the true beginning of the winter (or so it seems). We had a nice mix of family time and personal time over the long weekend, and now we're back to the grind. Which for me consists of a veritable mountain of term papers from two different courses, which I've been avoiding by finishing up a small grant proposal and grading exams. Soon there will be no choice. Help.

Assuming I survive the grading blitz, the rest of this month will be NSF GRANT WRITING. Part of me is really excited to be getting back to research-related writing, while the rest of me just wants to sleep. I'm hoping to balance those things with course prep for January, planning my spring-break field trip, and exercising. If I can actually FINISH my first P90X series (lean schedule, which I started in August) by the end of the year, I will be really happy. I think it will happen, since I only have three weeks to go, and now I will probably manage more than 2 or 3 official workouts per week. The next question: start P90X classic, or wait for next summer?

I should probably worry about the grading first. Unfortunately.

No comments: