Wednesday, December 8, 2010

break

Winter Break Pros:

- Sleeping in
- Exercising every day!
- Time to clean, cook, and otherwise make life more livable
- Peace and quiet in the office
- No grading
- Last-minute dinner plans in the next town over can be accommodated
- No bringing work home with me at the end of the day
- Vacation (eventually)

Winter Break Cons:

- Every committee on the planet decides to make up for all those missed meetings during the term
- All the work I put off because I was too busy during the term
- Having to come up with interesting gift ideas
- End-of-year progress reports
- Student recommendation letters
- Library closes in the middle of the afternoon
- Too many odd jobs around the house competing for my time
- Being at work at 5:30 on a weekday and having to stumble through dark hallways because, apparently, no one is expected to be at work at 5:30 during break
- Realizing that the next term is coming up SOON, and I'd better get ready for it

Hmm...I think I need to work on my Pros!

No comments: