Sunday, December 12, 2010

brrr

It's friggin cold here in Small Town. The kind of cold where you notice every single crevice and window frame where low temperatures seep into the house. The time of year when Partner vows to never buy a house more than 20 years old ever, ever again. If we didn't have plants I would keep all the curtains closed for the extra layer of insulation.

Not much is new around here. I guess I'm not worthy of government funding, since I worked not at all on my grant this weekend. The more I write about something the more I don't like the idea/project/data, which means I go home annoyed and grouchy at the end of the day. I have no idea if that attitude has anything to do with the actual validity of the project, either, which makes it hard to keep writing. Tomorrow, I shall slog on regardless.

Here's a question. Is it bad form to use the same few primary descriptive terms in the majority of recommendation letters that you write? I think they're valid descriptive terms in all cases, but I wonder if it's bad that I seem to apply them to most of my good students.

No comments: