Thursday, December 30, 2010

home!

We made it back without any trouble, despite all the flight issues here in the States, and it's nice to be home. The cat even seems to like us - for today. We also brought back some sort of fabulous Asian flu bug (nothing with an animal name descriptor to our knowledge) which is forcing us to cancel our plans to host a New Years party and is making me less than thrilled about the amount of work I have left to do before next week (as if I needed another reason for that particular attitude).

Partner got through most of this flu while we were gone, which means that I saw a bit more than he did, but it also means that he's now taking care of me while I hack up my lungs. Still, it was a nice trip - I'd really like to see more of Asia, but I'll probably have to wait until I forget the uncomfortable details of 14-hour flights. Our next vacation, at least, will definitely be closer to home.

I have about three weeks until my Winter field season starts up, with another plane ride and a really long trip on a bus. Before I leave I have to start the term and submit a grant proposal; maybe it's a good thing that I'll be having a calm New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Welcome home!! Glad you had a good time despite the flu. Feel better soon and Happy New Year!