Monday, April 11, 2011

onward

I just graded a paper that I'm fairly sure was written under the influence of some sort of hallucinogenic drug. I can only hope so, for the student's sake.

I have a million hours' worth of grading to do; instead of grading yesterday I did yard work. Yard work that really needed to get done. But I'm paying for it now, and will probably keep paying for it all week. Exciting times.

I am officially not going to be in the field this summer. Partner is happy about this, and I am looking forward to SLEEPING during the summer and having a regular shower, not to mention air conditioning. But I haven't had my summer to myself for years, and I've forgotten how to manage that much free time. Right now I'm busy planning trips and deciding which parts of my house to paint - I need to back off those plans, probably, and schedule in at least one manuscript and maybe a grant rewrite, plus lab work. I think I need someone to make me a schedule, because I don't want to make myself work that hard now that I have the summer open!

No comments: