Tuesday, April 19, 2011

workin' it

I had a really good three days of hard workouts, plus yard work, late last week and into the weekend. I was even riding my bike to work since the weather was decent. This week we're back to winter weather and I've been way too tired both in the morning and after work to try to exercise. I hate going more than one day without a workout during the week, but there are times when it can't be avoided. I've been wondering whether this trend of hard weekends and slacker weeks is somehow a bad way to exercise - presumably doing something is better than doing nothing, but am I mis-training my muscles or otherwise doing harm with this all-or-nothing cycle?

It probably doesn't matter - if I had the energy or the time for a 20-minute run, I would be doing it, so there's no point in wondering what if.

No comments: