Saturday, June 11, 2011

heat

I sit on that wonderful committee charged with deciding who gets kicked out based on their academic performance. I find this committee both satisfying, since I feel like I'm really contributing to the life of the college, and depressing, since I get inside info on the accidents and illnesses and other issues that keep students from completing their work. After a few years on this committee, it serves as my benchmark for finishing a term. Now that we've made decisions for the year, I'm officially free for the summer!

Which means I should probably start going to bed and getting up at a decent hour. And stop planning fun things to do. And start writing. Damn it summer, I should have scheduled my vacation at the beginning when I should have known I would be feeling burned out, instead of scheduling everything for August.

I'll start being good on Monday. Right after the summer beer festival tomorrow.

No comments: