Friday, July 1, 2011

life without timestamps

It's 11 pm and I'm completely motivated to clean out our closets and repaint the water damage. Right now. Partner is not so keen on this idea, despite the fact that I just found him two nice jackets that he had forgotten about, buried in the back of a closet.

The summer continues to be a struggle between the schedule my body really wants to follow and the schedule that works if I want to interact with the rest of the world. Were I on my own, I would probably go to bed between 1 and 2, wake up around 11, eat breakfast for lunch, do some work, exercise around 4 or 5, eat a late dinner, and then the most productive part of my "day" would be from 8 to midnight. As it is, I try to get myself to bed by 1 at the very very latest, and to drag myself out of bed at a reasonable hour. If I wasn't sure that I would be so far off of reality that it would be painful to put myself back on real time at the end of the summer, I might just let myself do whatever I wanted to do. What else is summer for?

There would be the downside of seeing less of my husband. I guess there are motivators for maintaining a "normal person's" schedule, as well.

No comments: