Thursday, July 28, 2011

pace

This week my primary field project is meeting as a group to talk about goals, grants, databases, publications, students, etc. etc. - basically everything we could ever worry about or talk about, and we're getting it all done over seven days. It's amazing how much more useful it is to sit down in a room with people and talk, as opposed to scheduling topic-specific phone calls or emailing. It's been extremely productive, and we're not even finished yet.

It is strange to be holding a workshop at "home", though, as I'm helping to host this entire endeavor. For some reason I didn't expect it to be quite the same as a normal workshop. I thought I might still have time to exercise, for example, or get some other work done. I was completely wrong. The only difference is that instead of stumbling into a hotel room at 10 pm, I stumble into my own shower and feed my cat. Partner is off visiting family this week, which was a good call on his part - I wouldn't see him anyway!

No comments: