Friday, September 9, 2011

already

I'm already:

- so far behind on emails that I'm accidentally not replying to fairly important student requests in a timely manner.

- so overbooked that I can barely find time to meet with people.

- not getting enough sleep.

- overlooking lab management issues, including timely chemical waste disposal.

- missing the seniors who left last spring (or, in some cases, today).

I'm already:

- thrilled by the fact that my freshmen are taking good notes on their readings.

- looking forward to taking students to new places.

- impressed by the discussion skills and displays of verbal bravery by students who just got here.

- excited that so many students are utilizing a particular skill that I teach as part of their senior work or other projects.

No comments: