- so far behind on emails that I'm accidentally not replying to fairly important student requests in a timely manner.
- so overbooked that I can barely find time to meet with people.
- not getting enough sleep.
- overlooking lab management issues, including timely chemical waste disposal.
- missing the seniors who left last spring (or, in some cases, today).
- thrilled by the fact that my freshmen are taking good notes on their readings.
- looking forward to taking students to new places.
- impressed by the discussion skills and displays of verbal bravery by students who just got here.
- excited that so many students are utilizing a particular skill that I teach as part of their senior work or other projects.
8 hours ago