Monday, December 5, 2011

behind

As usual! This term was more insane than normal, since I was overloading my teaching schedule and had two extra conferences to attend. I also presented three different posters over the course of two months, which was a horrible idea, and submitted a grant proposal. It was ridiculous, but it's over.

Now, another grant to help others write before the end of the month, and a lot of planning/packing/prepping for my RESEARCH LEAVE, which I am very unprepared for. But, I'll be out of the country early Jan to early March, and I hope to get a lot done. I should also FINALLY get something written, which just hasn't really happened this year. I know I need to make time for it, but I've been writing grants instead despite the fact that I know it's a dangerous trap to fall into. Book chapter and journal manuscript, minimum, by February.

Also, admittedly, I have spent several days over the past few weeks doing absolutely nothing. Or, more specifically, I've been playing video games and watching movies and reading books and exercising and eating and sleeping. Which is awesome, and hard to stop doing now that the "solidly December" status of the date indicates a need to get my ass in gear.

No comments: