Monday, June 18, 2012

arrived

I have arrived, after only three months away from this place (I was here during my winter leave as well).  Mother of god, is it hot here right now.  Especially since it was pretty cold when I was here last; it's strange to be back without Partner, with a completely different set of colleagues but a few carry-overs, with many more undergraduates around.

I have a few days to hang out with friends and de-jetlag, which I hope will be easy since I actually got a good night's sleep last night through the  magic of melatonin (Trader Joe's version has something special in it, and I don't even care what it is, but it works much better in smaller doses than anything else I've tried).  Other project colleagues are arriving one at a time, but for now there's not much to do.  I've been editing the syllabus for a fall course and filling in my fall calendar instead.

Later this week I do a little regional travel that will force me to actually deal with this situation, which I am not looking forward to, but which is probably necessary.  At least I will get to visit a new place, which is always fun.  If I'm lucky, by the time I get back the heat will be back down to "friggin hot" instead of "god-awful".
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.