Wednesday, October 10, 2012

stay

Done teaching for the day, no meetings scheduled, so much blank space on my calendar!  I'm grading exams, and fighting very hard against the voice in the back of my head that tells me I could go home and grade these on the couch; I know going home would lead to doing something else instead, even if I did eventually get some work done.

I have a new to-do list post-it system that is working well - a long post-it note lives next to my computer, and I write down all tasks as soon as they arrive in my in-box.  Then I cross them out as I finish, and it's always nearby reminding me what has to get done.  Like all the things that I should be doing instead of going home this afternoon.  Perhaps a new rule: no leaving early unless the post-it is clean.   

No comments: