Thursday, July 11, 2013

Advice?

So - to write an encyclopedia entry, or not?  I already got some advice on this, which I appreciated, but I need to figure it out this week and I'm still torn.

Pros:
- editors are people I would put on my list of tenure letter-writers, but maybe I'm focusing on this too much.
- it would be done in time for the tenure file, and  SLAC is the kind of place that would not completely disregard this as productive work (at least not to the same extent as most larger universities)
- acknowledgement of my expertise?  Or something?

Cons:
- it's a really long entry, full journal manuscript length
- I am not particularly good at writing literature review articles - I mean, I can, obviously, but I don't think it is my strength and I don't love doing it
- fall term is already going to be busy, as I'm teaching an overload and getting final stuff done for my tenure file

Thoughts?

No comments: