Monday, November 18, 2013

in which stuff is pretty normal

Today I spent some time figuring out what we'll likely have to pay in childcare expenses next year.  This was not a good idea.  It's a miracle that any of us reproduce (and a good thing most of us don't look this far ahead).  Time to start looking forward to revisiting grad-student levels of financial stress, wheee!

Last week I miraculously met a paper deadline, mostly by ditching a few figures.  Revisions, right?  Right.  This week I am way behind on grading but it's nice to have a big project out of my hands for a little while.  Just a few more days, and then I can focus on a grant proposal and maybe think about my tenure file, or at least look at the list of what I'm supposed to put in it.

Every term I tell myself I'm not going to end up on this treadmill, where by the end I feel like I'm barely keeping myself from falling off; though, with this term, I should have known better than to think it would change significantly.  Counting down, it helps.  

No comments: