Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

The end of the year has decided to throw us a few irritations, but I can't complain too much since this year has been a pretty good one overall.  At the moment, baby is saying "screw you and your tax deduction" and refusing to come out - a few more days and it won't be up to baby any more, but for now we're still waiting.  Also our sewer says "screw you and those guys who came out to fix this problem last month", so we had a New Year's Eve roto-rootering and will be seeing the plumbers again later this week when they come back with a camera.  Hooray for sewer line insurance and the fact that my mother is visiting, so we don't have to worry if we have to run to the hospital during a plumbing call.

I have nothing to request from 2014, except that we get through January and figure out all the new challenges in store (and fix the sewer line).  I'd say that my goal is to get tenure, but my file is in already so that seems like cheating; I can't do much to help my case at this point.

Happy New Year and less troublesome households to all of you!   


No comments: